Starfield Neodymium Location, Gameplay, Plot, How to Find Neodymium in Starfield?
by Snekha S | Updated Nov 09, 2023 11:29 AM
Starfield Neodymium Location
In Starfield, Neodymium (Nd) is a precious resource used in crafting various in-game items like weapons, armor, consumables, research, mods, and structures. To find Neodymium, explore planets and moons across the game world, with 84 celestial bodies having this valuable resource. Keep an eye out for Neodymium deposits on the surface, which can also be found at points of interest such as caves and outposts. Here are some planets where Neodymium can be found, but there are many more in the game.
How to Find Neodymium in Starfield?
To locate Neodymium efficiently in Starfield, follow these steps:
- Explore Planets and Moons: Neodymium is found on specific planets and moons within the game, so start your journey by exploring them.
- Look for Neodymium Deposits: Keep an eye out for Neodymium deposits, which may appear as shiny rocks or unique formations on the surface.
- Use the Cutter: Once you've spotted a Neodymium deposit, use your Cutter tool to mine it and add the Neodymium to your inventory.
- Use the Hand Scanner: Your hand scanner can help you locate Neodymium deposits by highlighting them, making them easier to find.
- Collect Wisely: Neodymium is relatively rare, so prioritize crafting valuable items with it.
- Explore Specific Locations: Focus on planets like Mercury, Hyperia, and Gryphus in the early game, as they are known to have Neodymium deposits.
- Set Up Extractors: To ensure a steady supply of Neodymium, establish outposts on planets or moons with Neodymium deposits and install extractors.
- Search Points of Interest: Occasionally, Neodymium can be found in unexpected places, such as caves, near corpses, or inside storage units.
- Buy from Vendors: If you urgently need Neodymium, consider purchasing it from various vendors in the game's system.
Following these steps will enhance your ability to locate and utilize Neodymium effectively in Starfield.
Starfield is a space-themed action role-playing game developed and published by Bethesda Game Studios. Announced in 2018, it marks Bethesda's first new original franchise in 25 years. The game was released on September 6, 2023, for Windows and Xbox Series X/S. Starfield received praise for its expansive world and space environment, but opinions varied regarding its storyline and exploration aspects.
In Starfield, players can switch between first-person and third-person perspectives while exploring a vast open world set in the Milky Way galaxy. The game features over 1,000 planets, moons, and space stations. These celestial bodies have procedurally generated landscapes enriched with handcrafted elements, influenced by factors like the planet's star and atmosphere. The largest city in the game, New Atlantis, is a notable feature. Players can recruit NPCs to join their crew, interact with other characters, and aid in combat.
Character customization includes body type, appearance, background, and traits that impact gameplay. Skills can be developed in five skill trees, with various weapons and attachments available. Jetpacks enhance combat and traversal. Resource scanning, outpost construction, and spaceship customization are key elements of the game. Players can own and modify spaceships, engage in trading and combat with NPC ships, and board them for various interactions.
In the expansive Starfield universe, the story unfolds twenty years after the conclusion of the Colony War, marked by a fragile truce between the United Colonies and the Freestar Collective. Players step into the role of a space miner employed by Constellation, with a mission to uncover a mysterious Artifact. This quest leads to forming alliances with various factions, embarking on a journey to secure these powerful relics, all while contending with the enigmatic Starborn, who also seek these significant items. The adventure takes you to Earth, where a shocking revelation links the Artifacts to the planet's magnetosphere. A pivotal decision awaits: whether to aid the Hunter, align with the Emissary, or remain neutral. After a confrontation with the Starborn and a victorious outcome, your path leads to Unity, where an encounter with an alternate version of yourself from a parallel universe sets the stage for an entirely new journey as a Starborn.
Starfield Neodymium Location - FAQs
What is Neodymium used for in Starfield?
Neodymium is a valuable resource used for crafting various in-game items, including weapons, armor, consumables, research, mods, and structures.
How can I find Neodymium in Starfield?
To find Neodymium, explore specific planets and moons within the game world. Look for Neodymium deposits on the surface, which can appear as shiny rocks or unique formations. Use your Cutter tool to mine these deposits.
Are there specific locations where Neodymium is more likely to be found?
While Neodymium can be found on various planets and moons, some known locations include Mercury, Hyperia, and Gryphus. It's essential to explore these celestial bodies in the early game.
Can I automate the collection of Neodymium in Starfield?
Yes, you can set up outposts on planets or moons with Neodymium deposits and install extractors to automate the collection process, ensuring a steady supply of Neodymium.
Where else can I obtain Neodymium in Starfield if I'm in urgent need of it?
If you urgently need Neodymium, consider purchasing it from various vendors in the game's system, such as Jemison Mercantile, Midtown Minerals, and Mining League.